2 Years Cancer Free!
I woke up this morning not feeling great about where I'm at right now, but I'm going to bed in a few minutes feeling loved and I'm so grateful. Because I do actually have to go to bed in a few minutes I'm going to keep it short and sweet... with a list of things I'm thankful for today:
- I spent a solid 45 minutes on yoga this morning to reflect on the fact that my body is not currently threatening my existence. And my reward was briefly being able to keep my heels on the floor in downward dog and holding crow pose for a solid half second. I'm actually really excited about those two things and excited that I'm still enjoying such a "hippie" activity.
- I finally saw Star Wars! Yeah, the one that came out back in December. It's still in theaters. And I actually really enjoyed it. And I learned that my mom apparently secretly loves Star Wars and saw the original movie in theaters when it first came out. She was so into it that our whole adventure home was narrated as though we were in space, starting with announcing "prepare for ejection!" as she got out of her seat at the theater. Needless to say, I love my mom.
- My parents got me a cake! And my dad insisted on keeping the leftovers which is definitely something my dad would do. As I'm typing this I just remembered that my mom also forgot to send the chocolates she bought for me home with me, too. I love my parents for being so starved for sweets from their diets that I don't get to keep the sweets associated with my own celebration haha.
- I came home to flowers at my door from Mary that made me cry. It was a real miracle that it's so damn cold outside that they just froze in their perfect state instead of dying and then freezing. And now my apartment smells amazing and I do feel a little bit elevated. Thank you, Mary-- I love you!
- And lastly-- I checked my email to discover that my tiny little fundraising goal for the CSC was completed today! THANK YOU to everyone that donated. Mary, Amber, and to the friend who I think wants to remain anonymous (but I know who you are!)-- I'm so grateful for you all and it means a lot to me that you all would donate to a place that helps provide so much needed emotional support to survivors.
Of course, just because my goal has been met doesn't mean that the fundraising needs to be over, so if you're reading this and would like to help them... and motivate me to train slightly harder so I can run a time worthy of your donations, you can donate here!
I'm probably going to be a little emotionally all over the place for the next few days, but right this second I'm feeling pretty good and I have all of you to thank for that!